07 November 2010

No mês de novembro o movimento MOVEMBER muda a cara dos caras aqui na Austrália (e em outros países também como UK, US, Canadá, New Zealand, Espanha, Irlanda). Voce sai nas ruas e vê os homens de bigode, é uma febre!!! O movimento é todo voltado à saúde do homem; no início do mes, aqueles que se interessam em deixar o bigodão crescer pela boa causa se registram como MO BROS, daí eles devem estar com o bigode raspado e deixar crescer durante todo o mês. Tornando-se um MO BRO, eles recebem donações ($$), e estas vão para instituições como a fundação do cancer de próstata e instituição nacional de depressão do homem. Só no ano passado foram arrecadados 16 milhões de dólares aqui na Australia, isso mostra que o movimento é forte:).

MOVEMBER is an event that happens here in Australia (and also in another countries as a UK, US, Canada, New Zealand, Spain, Ireland). The main rule is that the guys must shave they moustache, at the beggining of November, and let it grows to raise money for the prostate cancer foundation and the national depression in men initiative. It is all about the men health. They have to register themselves and follow the rules of the event. In the end of the month, there is a big party what they will be judged and might become the MO BRO of the year, winning very interesting prizes such as a brand new car:) The girls can also participate as a MO SISTAR and also win prizes. There is a few categories for the MO BRO and SISTAS to win nice prizes:) Last year the moviment raised 16 million dollars, only here in Australia. Pat and I are not participating, hahaha... I enjoy seeing the guys and their mostauche everywhere I go. My father in law is in this year:) Anyway, I just found out that it happens in US as well...in 3 years that I've lived there I never noticed or heard anything about it. Did you guys know about it??

9 comments:
que idéia genial com propósito sério:) pelos milhões arrecadados dá pra ver que o povo adere mesmo. legal!!
Adoooorei o projeto!!
E o Pat?? Aderiu?? rs
Rosely
Não amiga, o Pat não aderiu não...o meu sogrão sim, rs...
ahahaha adorei o post!
bjsssss
queremos ver o PAt de bigoooode!!!
Engraçado isso! Nunca tinha ouvido falar, mas parece ser bem bacana!
Beijos
cara q idéia massa garota. já posso me considerar um membro efetivo, pois uso bigode e barba rala a um tempinho. bjão minhsinha. vamo implantar essa idéia por aqui. Afinal se tem tanto dinheiro pra os bancos não quebrarem porque não arrumarmos grana pra quem precisa de verdada né não? bejimmm
hi p.,
not familiar w/this charity event.seems like every time you turn around there is a fund raiser or charity event somewhere. walks, silent auctions,high priced shows, luncheons,bike rides etc.
I have never heard of it but I like the idea and it seems like a lot of fun for a good cause.
Post a Comment